Northrop Grumman Cell Site Lease
If you are looking for Northrop Grumman’s website, please visit www.northropgrumman.com.
Cell Tower Attorney is a law firm that assists landowners approached by Northrop Grumman with negotiating the terms and conditions of a cell site lease agreement. Northrop Grumman is a registered trademark of Northrop Grumman Information Technology, Inc. We are not affiliated in any way with Northrop Grumman.
In September of 2006, the City of New York awarded the Northrop Grumman Corporation a five-year contract to provide the City’s broadband public-safety wireless network. As a result, building owners throughout the City are being approached by a representative of Northrop Grumman interested in leasing a portion of the roof and space within the building for such a purpose. If you are or have been approached, the following is a brief description of the standard Northrop Grumman Cell Site Lease:
- Permitted Use - Northrup Grumman may use the premises for the construction and installation of its equipment to provide wireless services, including antennas, utility lines, air-conditioning and other systems necessary to operate and maintain its equipment.
- Term - the term of the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease is 5 years and rent commences on the date that Northrup Grumman obtains the necessary government approvals. The term is automatically renewed for two additional terms of 5 years each unless Northrup Grumman notifies the landowner of its intention not to renew. The rental amount increases a specified amount each year.
- Termination - Northrup Grumman has the right to terminate the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease i) on 90 days notice at any time and ii) on 30 days notice if a necessary government approval is denied or withdrawn, the agreement with New York City is terminated, the landowner defaults under the Lease, or if any equipment on the premises interferes with Northrup Grumman’s equipment.
- Access - Before the rent commencement date, Northrup Grumman may have access to the building to perform necessary inspections and tests prior to its construction. Throughout the term, Northrup Grumman has 24 hour, 7 days a week access to the Building for the construction and maintenance of its equipment.
- Construction - prior to construction and any material alteration, Northrup Grumman is required to submit work plans for the landowner’s approval which must be given within 5 days. If the landowner does not respond within 5 days, the plans are deemed approved.
- Interference - the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease provides that Northrup Grumman cannot interfere with the radio frequency operations of the landowner or any other pre-existing user of the building. Conversely, the landowner cannot permit other tenants to install equipment that will interfere with Northrup Grumman’s equipment. In the event of interference, the landowner will eliminate it within 24 hours and if it is not eliminated, Northrup Grumman has the right to stop the interference or terminate the Lease.
- Taxes - Northrup Grumman is responsible for personal property taxes assessed against its equipment and the landowner is responsible for all real property taxes except for increases in real property taxes that are directly attributable to Northrup Grumman’s equipment.
- Indemnification - the parties agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each other from any damage or liability that arises directly from the indemnifying party’s use of equipment on the premises, any act or omission of the indemnifying party, or the indemnifying party’s breach of the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease, except to the extent caused by the negligence or intentional acts of the indemnified party.
- Insurance - the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease requires the landowner and Northrup Grumman to carry property and commercial general liability insurance. In addition, Northrup Grumman is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Surrender - upon the termination or expiration of the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease, Northrup Grumman must remove its equipment and any alterations and surrender the premises to the landowner in good condition, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
- Default - in the event either party does not comply with any of the provisions of the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease and such default is not cured within 30 days (15 days for monetary default), the non-defaulting party may terminate the Lease.
- Assignment - Northrup Grumman may not assign the Northrup Grumman Cell Site Lease or sublease the premises without the prior consent of the landowner, however, Northrup Grumman may assign the Lease or sublease the premises without the landowner’s consent to the City of New York, to any entity that is licensed by the FCC and is a parent or subsidiary of Northrup Grumman, or is merged with Northrup Grumman. The landowner may assign its rights under the Lease provided the transferee assumes all of the Lease obligations.
Cell Tower Attorney has experience in negotiating these and other similar provision. We understand what Northrup Grumman and other companies are willing to accept as modifications to the lease and accordingly, our attorneys advocate on the landowner's behalf to achieve a lease that maximizes the landowner’s return on his property while protecting him or her from unnecessary liability.
If you have been approached, please consider contacting us for assistance in your lease negotiation.
*** If you are looking for the Northrup Grumman’s website, please visit www.northropgrumman.com. We are not affiliated in any way with Northrup Grumman***